Services offered by SSAIC are free and confidential.
We offer a welcoming and safe environment to survivors of past or recent sexual abuse or assault, regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Call or visit the office for any sexual abuse/assault related information.
24-Hour Crisis Line
We provide information, referrals, and support to anyone dealing with issues related to sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and memories of childhood sexual abuse.
- At any point, you can call us about your options. What happened is not your fault, and we can answer any questions you might have, in addition to:
- Accompaniment to the hospital
- Accompaniment or support making police reports
- Information regarding the legal process and/or assistance with, preparation for, or accompaniment to court
- Advocacy within the legal system and agencies
Individual & Group Counselling
We offer crisis and short-term counselling to female and male survivors of past or recent sexual abuse/assault, and to those who have been impacted by the abuse of others.
Appointments are preferred, but walk-in clients are accepted. Group counselling for survivors is also available.
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
“I’m the Boss of Me” is our an engaging puppet show designed for Grade 4 classrooms, educating children so that they understand what sexual abuse is and how to tell someone if it’s happening to them.
Lesson plans are provided to teachers through this program.
Public Education & Training
We offer customized educational workshops to schools and community groups interested in topics related to sexual violence, gender violence, and healing.