SSAIC continues to be at the forefront of public education and awareness of sexual violence. Public Education focuses on increasing awareness of sexual violence and its effects on individuals and the community, educating people about consent, indicators of abuse, safe/unsafe relationships, and how our agency can support anyone impacted by sexual violence.
SSAIC has provided public education sessions to:
- a variety of University of Saskatchewan and University of Regina departments and classes, including medical, nursing, and social work;
- Metis Addictions Council of Saskatchewan;
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic students;
- youth programs and conferences;
- elementary and high school students.
We can also provide in-service training for professionals who work or may interact with survivors of sexual abuse and assault.
To book a public education or professional development session, interested groups and individuals are invited to call SSAIC (306-244-2294) during business hours.
Honoraria are gratefully accepted, but not required. For presentations that require out of town travel, we request mileage, and when the presentation requires extended time, we will also request honoraria, meals, and lodging if necessary.